West Midlands Group is recognised as one of the leading grower groups in WA.
It prides itself on ensuring members like you, receive up to date information on soil conservation and sustainable farming practices, horticulture and the role of women in agriculture. Our local focus ensures you get up to date information that’s relevant to your business. You’ll save hours of your valuable time normally wasted trying to actually find the information you really need.
West Midlands Group has four program areas, each represented by a sub-committee:
- Soil Conservation Research and Development (R&D)
- Livestock/Erosion Research and Development (R&D)
- Horticulture/Water Resources committee
- Women’s committee
These programs operate to provide the following services to our members:
- Local research: coordinated local agricultural research and development.
- Investment in research by partnering with industry, government and research entities to grow research investment in our region.
- Funding support: assist members to obtain funding to address local sustainable farming issues.
- Advocacy: making sure the needs and priorities of the West Midlands region are being heard and addressed at all levels of Government.
- ‘Bottom line’ events: locally focussed events for our members, including: Seasonal Updates, Post-seeding Field Walks, Spring Field Day, Women, Wellbeing & Wine (WWW) forum