Optimising Pasture Production Workshop
Join the WMG for an afternoon in Yathroo on Thursday, 17 September with producers who will share their experiences boosting pasture production.
- Establishing and managing annuals and perennials to boost productivity
- Implementing rotational grazing into your system
Grant Bain | Walkaway Farmer
Murray Grey | Yathroo Farmer
Phil Barrett-Lennard | Gingin Farmer & Agronomist
Followed by a tour of the Greys' improved pasture paddocks and sundowner.
For more information, view the flyer PDF.
WMG Spring Bus Tour
Join the WMG on Wednesday, 23 September for a Spring Field Day on wheels! Tour the 2020 Dandaragan trial sites alongside research partners and agronomists.
- Late season amelioration and pasture species combo to reduce wind erosion
- Soil pit: root growth and Plozza Plowing
- Buffering the season with long season wheat
- Surveying nutrient availability on ameliorated soils
- Chickpea and wheat root growth in ameliorated soils
- Using chickpea to convert early soil moisture into profit
- Plus more!
Meet at the Dandaragan Community Rec Club (DCRC) at 11am sharp!
Spots are limited so book your seat now!
Lunch provided. BBQ and "Beers & Ideas" session to follow at DCRC.
For more information, view the flyer PDF below.
WMG Sheep Day
Join us in Badgingarra on Wednesday, 14 October for a full day of demos and presentations to answer the big question: what does the future look like for our sheep meat industry?
- Panel session: impact of COVID-19 on lamb supply and export
- Eye Muscle Area (EMA) & Intra-muscular Fat (IMF) scanning demo
- Filling the summer/autumn feed gap
- Brucellosis: how to manage and reduce the risk
- Confinement feeding
- Plus hear from and catch up with WA's leading processors!
- And plenty more!